Friday, January 20, 2012

Religion seems to have a way of making people abandon logic." -Amanda Baxter

Religion is a touchy subject for a lot of people. I don't care what people believe in and I don't judge them based on what they believe so why is it so hard for people to not judge me and call me an idiot b/c I don't believe in a "higher power?" I've never told anyone they're an idiot for what they believe and I expect the same respect but b/c I'm an atheist, I get shunned. It amazes me that when I meet someone and we get along great they instantly hate me b/c of my views on religion. I don't hide being an atheist, and I don't talk about it. I'm not a fan of religion so I avoid talking about it. Besides, I'm a nice person (until you've pissed me off....) and being an atheist doesn't make me a dickhead, an idiot, a soulless creature, an asshole, a bitch (don't get me wrong, at times, I am a bitch but being an atheist didn't make me that way), and ignorant. I don't call anyone any of those because they believe in something they've never seen. I personally think that's insane but I'm not going to tell someone just b/c they believe in something they're insane. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. EVERYONE. Not just people who believe in a higher power. So please, don't judge me based on my views of religion, judge me based off how I act towards you. If you keep telling me I'm wrong in my views, I'll be sure to become the dickhead, soulless creature, asshole, bitch you've been calling me.

Besides, South Park has spread the truth on which religion is "right." The Mormons, they got it right. So either become a Mormon or stfu!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ash. You're great. I'm not sure how to react to that video. Hahaha. But you already know I'm a Mormon. :) It made me laugh anyway. Not that South Park is at all accurate as to what we believe.

    I will agree that religion is a very touchy subject if you're not talking to those of the same religion. Even within families, it's difficult to talk about if you don't all have the same beliefs. Respect should be give regardless of religion; that's not what living in harmony is about. Sometimes the only thing you can do is agree to disagree.

    ReplyDelete